The 2017 Submission Period is Open!
Today is the day!
Welcome to the 2017 Friends of the Merril Short Story Contest! We’re excited to read your short stories!
- Anyone can enter! No matter how old you are, where you are from, how you identify, how much experience you have, or how many publications you have, you are welcome to enter your work!
- All entries should be blind. And if you forget to remove your contact information, I will do it for you. The readers and judges will have no idea who you are!
- We welcome simultaneous submissions! We do not publish any entries, and so you are welcome to submit them to our contest as well as to other publishers.
- We welcome multiple submissions! There is no entry to how many stories you can send us. The entry fee is $5 per entry and will support a wonderful cause.
- Entry is only $5 – Canadian! These days, that’s less than $4 US – one of the cheapest writing contests out there!
Best of luck, everyone!